Java is a high-level language which is identified by the 12 buzzwords:
- Java is plain and simple for those with fundamental knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Java comprises number of easily described methods for accomplishing a given task.
2. Object Oriented
- Java is a proper object oriented language as every code and information are contained inside objects and classes.
- The object representation in Java is trouble-free and simple to expand.
- Java has a collection of classes that are utilized in programming by inheritance.
- Java works in a distributed atmosphere on internet.
- Java applications have the ability to handle distant objects on internet effortlessly.
- Java allows several programmers at several distant locations to team up and work on same project.
4. Compiled and Interpreted
- Java supports both compiled and interpreted mode and hence it is a 2 stage system.
- Java permits formation of a cross platform programming by compiling into Java Bytecode (platform independent code).
- Java then interprets Bytecode. Bytecode produces codes that can be openly processed by the Java virtual machine.
- Java comprises several features that enable the program to be processed easily in various environments.
- The codes are verified in Java both at compile and runtime.
- Java supports garbage-collection thus managing memory problems.
- Java supports exception handling thus eliminating danger of system crashing.
- Java is secured as it offers a firewall in between the application and the computer.
- Java supports safe downloading with no threat of virus or malicious target.
- Java attains this safety by restricting a program to the java execution atmosphere.
7. Architecture Neutral
- Java is void of implementation based characteristics.
- Any modifications and updates in OS or system sources will not compel any modifications in Java Programs.
- Java enables portable codes generation. It offers a method for downloading programs effectively to every platform linked to internet.
9. High Performance
- The Bytecode enables elevated performance in Java.
- Java programs handle several tasks by the concept of multi-threads.
- The advantage is multithreading requires a common memory area.
11 . Dynamic
- Java is dynamic as it has the ability to link fresh class libraries, objects and also native methods.
12. Platform Independent
- Java platform is software based.
- The Java Bytecode can be processed on numerous platforms like windows, Mac/OS etc.