What is JSP (Java Server Page) ?
JSP is a standard component of J2EE which is an extension to Servlet to generate dynamic web pages. JSP defines some specialized tags to to embed Java code within HTML. JSP is the combination of Static HTML and Dynamically Generated Content using Java technology. The suffix ends with .jsp to indicate the web server that the file is a JSP file.
Advantages of using JSP over Servlet
1) Effective way for generating dynamic HTML.
2) JSPs automatically get compiled to servlets and execute on the Web Server.
3) JSP compilation happens only if there is any change in the JSP source.
4) JSP is faster and easier for editing.
5) JSP Separates the graphical design from the dynamic content
6) Write Once run anywhere.